Chris Squire, Derek Smalls, Dave Farrell, Royal Blood and more…
By Gary Graff
January 19, 2018
* The late Yes bassist Chris Squire’s first solo album, Fish Out Of Water, will be reissued on April 27 in a limited edition box set featuring four bonus tracks, remastered sound and an extensive booklet.
* Spinal Tap’s Derek Smalls (aka Harry Shearer) will release a solo album called Smalls Change (Meditations Upon Ageing) on April 13, featuring members of Foo Fighters, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Peter Frampton, Dweezil Zappa, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Donald Fagen of Steely Dan, Rick Wakeman, David Crosby and others.
* Linkin Park bassist Dave “Phoenix” Farrell has launched a new podcast called Member Guest, co-hosted by professional golfer Brendan Steele and Farrell’s friend Mark Fiore. The podcast’s debut episode is streaming now, featuring Avenged Sevenfold frontman M. Shadows. Future guests include Green Day drummer Tré Cool and pro golfers John Mallinger and Charley Hoffman.
* Royal Blood has been nominated for a Brit Award, Britain’s equivalent to the Grammys, for Best British Group. The awards will be presented on Feb. 21 at O2 Arena in London.
* Kiss’ Gene Simmons has postponed his Australia solo tour that was due to start next week until late August and September.
* Altitudes & Attitude, the band founded by David Ellefson of Megadeth and Frank Bello of Anthrax, has announced it will release a debut album this year, although no title or date have been revealed.
* Former Quiet Riot/Whitesnake/Dio bassist Rudy Sarzo has formed a new band, Dream Child, with former bandmates as well as ex members of AC/DC and the Michael Schenker Group.
* Former Ataris bassist Michael Davenport, now with Versus The World, has been charged with charged with federal mail and wire fraud and conspiracy charges in Illinois for allegedly running a nationwide telemarketing real estate scam. Davenport faces more than 30 years in prison if found guilty.
Chris Squire Inducted Into 2017 Rock Hall
Spinal Tap Bassist Working On Solo Album
Royal Blood Announced 2018 U.S. Tour