KISS, Glenn Hughes, Royal Blood and more…
By Gary Graff
February 23, 2018
* Gene Simmons’ axe-shaped bass is among the instruments KISS has donated to an auction raising money for Manchester Children’s Hospital in the U.K., which the group promised to do after the terrorist shootings during an Ariana Grande concert there last year.
* Glenn Hughes will take his Classic Deep Purple Live show to his native U.K. this year, starting Oct. 2 at the Bristol Academy and playing through Oct. 15.
* Royal Blood has released a video for “Look Like You Know” from its second album, How Did We Get So Dark? The duo filmed the clip during shows last November in London.
* Meanwhile, Royal Blood’s Mike Kerr told Britain’s NME that the group is thinking about its next album, through won’t be working on it in earnest until after its current touring cycle ends.
* Pierce the Veil’s Jaime Preciado has gotten engaged to his longtime girlfriend Jessica Rose. Preciado, who’s been dating Rose since 2003, posted the news on social media.
* Billy Corgan is trying to bring an end to the drama over bassist D’Arcy Wretzky being excluded from Smashing Pumpkins’ current reunion, telling a Chicago radio station that “this just isn’t the time” to talk about it.
* Kasim Sulton will be part of a North American reunion tour for Todd Rundgren’s Utopia, which kicks off April 18.
Gene Simmons Releasing KISS/Van Halen Demos
Glenn Hughes Feeling Better After Health Scare
Royal Blood Announces 2018 U.S. Tour