2017 Nashville event to feature Jeff Berlin, Eric Rupert and others
By David Sands
July 11, 2017
Summer NAMM 2017 is right around the corner in Music City, USA and with it Roy Vogt’s Thunder Row Bass Invitational.
This will be the seventh year for Nashville-based session bassist and instructor Ray Vogt’s annual two-day show. It’ll be taking place at the Douglas Corner Cafe in Nashville at 7 pm this Thursday and Friday (July 13-14).
As usual, the focus of the evening will be bassists and bands led by bass players (SEE LINEUP BELOW). Tickets are available for $10 at the door. All profits will benefit the W.O. Smith Music School’s efforts to provide quality music education to economically disadvantaged youth.
Roy Vogt’s Thunder Row Bass Invitational 2017 lineup
• Builders Who Play: Pete Skjold & Slawomir “Rybski” Waclawik
• Dave Pomeroy and Friends
• Brian Shind
• Blake Branch
• Ben Titus with special guest Brittany Frompovich
• Eric Rupert – Courtesy of Ibanez Basses
• Four Hands, Four Necks: Double Neck Madness with Jamie “Pinkbass” Millard and Sean O’Bryan Smith
• Jon von Boehm & Romeo Hill
• JVM Collective: Denny Jiosa, Roy Vogt & Tom Moller
• Roy Vogt’s 1979 Band featuring Chester Thompson & Justin Kalk
• Brian Allen – Courtesy of MTD & Gallien Krueger
• Gros Ngolle Pokossi – Courtesy of DR Strings & Eich Amplification
• Jeff Berlin – Courtesy of Cort Guitars & Markbass
• Bill Dickens – Courtesy of Aguilar Amplification & Ropeadope Records
• Quintin “Q” Berry – Courtesy of Spector Basses & Aurora Strings
Sponsors include: Jon Liebman, Sire Guitars, Gruv Gear, DR Strings, Spector Basses, TecAmp, Phil Jones Bass, Aurora Strings, Kiesel Guitars, DNA Amplification, and Essential Sound Products.
FBPO’s Summer NAMM 2015 feature
Roy Vogt interview #1
Roy Vogt interview #2